Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction is the process of restoring or rebuilding all the teeth in both lower and upper jaws. The procedure involves multiple dental processes to correct deformities of bone, gums, teeth and muscles. Many dental experts/specialists are involved in the entire process, such as
- Cosmetic or general dentists – They will perform procedures such as implants, crowns, bridges and veneers
- Orthodontists - They are specialists of tooth positions and movement
- Periodontists – Specialists who treat gum disease
Why is it required?
Full mouth reconstruction is advised for:
- Fractured or lost teeth due to decay or injury
- Teeth which have worn out severely
- Loose, cracked or chipped teeth
- Frequent migraines or headaches
- Continuous jaw pain and soreness
- TMJ or temporo mandibular joint syndrome
Usually, full mouth reconstruction is done in multiple phases. The entire procedure can take more than 12 months, depending on individual patient requirement.